A suit is a set of garments made from the same cloth usually consisting of at least a jacket and trouser made from the same fabric and worn together. A Trimmed and fitting suit is a wardrobes necessity for any man.While a man has many options in terms of a suits design ranging from the fabric to stitching to details. Buying the correct men’s slim fit suit is key. Every man should have at least one suit that is both classically stylish and fit perfectly.
A well designed and trimmed suit make a man appear trimmer, taller and stronger more so confident. A badly fitted suit makes a man look less dressed up better not wear a suit at all.
What Should You Look For in a Slim Suit?
- Buttons: The current style today is the two button suit. The two button style suits are easy to button, creates a unique design that shows style and a sense of a trimmed fitting suit.
- Pants: There are two types;
- Flat-front pants
- Pleated Flat-front.
Flat-front pants are now the standard and pleats can give a little extra room at the waistline. For the client who wants pleats go for the most discreet, least billowy option.
- Vents: This can really change the trimmed and fit suit. There are of different types of vent. Including:
- Center vent: The cut goes up the middle of the jacket and it should lie closed when you are wearing your jacket.
- Side vent: This vent lets a person put hands in the pants pockets without the jacket bunching up and allow the jacket to lie smoothly on the back. This vents can also make the jacket appear well trimmed and slimmer.
No vent: in some cases the suit’s jacket can be made without any vents and a perfect choice for those who want a clean, sleek look.
Types of Slim fitting suits
- Slim trim: as its sounds slim trimmed suits are fitted closer to the body, without excess fabric and well displaying classical stylish corners of a suit. Fit can be worn by a lot of different body types you just need to ensure you get the suit size that best compliments your body type.
- Classic Slim: These suits are comfortable and easy to wear because they are cut wider through the chest and waist while maintaining the trim modern look of the suit. This means less constriction for you.
- Modern Slim: this type of suit fit is cut narrower compared to the classic fit suit giving some room between the body and the suit. This is a fantastic choice for the guys who want something a little more fashion-forward than classic.
The lapels on Slim men’s suit jackets can be notched, peaked, shawl or trick. Hence each lapel style carries different connotations and worn with different cuts of suits. Notched lapels are only found on single breasted jackets usually have peaked lapels. Double breasted jackets usually have peaked lapels.Shawl lapels are style derived from the Victorian informal Dinner suits.